Quick Login:

Did Mira Rajput just take a dig at Kareena Kapoor?

Comments  Comments [ 13 ]    By Priyanka Chauhan | 11 March 2017 | 11:18am

Mira Rajput Kapoor made her television debut with Shahid Kapoor on Karan Johar's chat show 'Koffee with Karan'.

But, recently, for the first time, she attended an event and spoke all alone!

She spoke about many things, including her arranged marriage with Shahid and how they relationship is back at home and out in public. About her early pregnancy and much more.

About the label of being an accomplished home maker that she wears with pride, Mira said: "I spend a lot of time at home and I love it. I had a tough pregnancy, bringing Misha (seven-month-old daughter) into this world. So now I want to spend every moment with her. There is a set of responsibilities that are on my plate and I feel at my age I have a lot more energy. I have my future ahead of me so I can finish all my responsibilities and then I have nothing in my way.

"I can raise my daughter, I can be a good wife, I can set my house the way I like, not in terms of the way things should be but the way a home must be with its values and ideals. So nothing will stop me after that. But I love being at home and I love being a mother to my child."

"I don't want to spend an hour with her and then rush to work. Why did I have her then? She is not a "puppy". I want to be there for her as a mother. Seeing her grow up can't be quantified. She is my baby, not a puppy."

But, what caught everyone's attention was when the host asked her to give her views on the motherhood syndrome that's going around, to get fit immediately after you become a mother the entire story of the fit mother of today.

To this Mira gave some strong and hard-hitting reply. She said: "It's great to be fit but it's better to be a healthy mother. Fitness is one part of health. I faced a lot of pressure from people who were seeing photographs. I used to be a very skinny girl."

"But, I think what's more important is to be a healthy mother. Your child is your responsibility. You can take your time to loose that weight. If you do it in a hurry you are compromising on your health. After that, you can set your goal to get fit."

"I took those 40 days which people say is "outdated". The confinement period which they say is outdated. But I took those 40 days, I had my ghee and I replenished myself."

"I could step out 3-4 days later. I could be out and about. But I choose to spend that time with her because the baby doesn't know anyone except its mother in those first six weeks. It's not that I am not a woman of today. You don't have to compromise on traditions and ideals to be modern."

From what we all know, Kareena Kapoor has been making headlines for breaking stereotypes attached to pregnancy and childbirth. Three days post her delivery she was out partying and celebrating with her family. And within a month of having Taimur Ali Khan, she was back on the sets - working, shooting, doing photoshoots. Bebo, surely has been setting breaking the old norms and setting up some amazing ones for new mommies.

We wonder if Mira's statement was a rather subtle dig at Bebo's post-pregnancy busy schedule.

What do you think about it? Share your views in the comment box below!

Copyright  India-forums.com/Bollywood

User Rating  Rating(0 Votes)

Views  27047

Bookmark and Share

Go to top

User Comments

Join Bollycurry

If You are a member of India-forums, Then You can also log in here.

Quick Login

Mira Rajput Kapoor Mira Rajput Kapoor
  (6)
  (3)

Taimur Ali Khan Taimur Ali Khan

• LuvArnavKhushi
    Date: 3/18/2017 10:23:48 PMLuvArnavKhushi

Wow, to the commenter below me, so wanting to be an active mother and care for one's child is not ambitious enough for you now?! Grow the hell up. I cannot imagine how upsetting your comment would be to your own mother. What a damn disgrace people like you are to humanity.

• Mohabbateinn
    Date: 3/11/2017 8:24:46 PMMohabbateinn

For a girl who has never worked a day in her life..and clearly lacks ambition and brain... she is not in any stature to give advice to how mothers should be. so pathetic.

• Reina1
    Date: 3/11/2017 1:47:07 PMReina1

Wow as usual our society and it's pet writers have to pit two women against each other. Women are multidimensional, they each have their own world view and are entitled to live by it. When we voice ours this is what happens. Kareena and Mira are two very different people with very different backgrounds, one has known only work since the time she was 18, the other CHOSE to have a more homely life at a younger age. They are both content doing their thing. They want to advocate their pov, the so be it. Those who resonate with it will be inspired!

• KS_Minion
    Date: 3/11/2017 7:59:29 AMKS_Minion

I love how the writers have twisted something so simple into something like a dig.

I don't see why Mira would take a dig at Kareena. I feel like she said that in general for all those women who are doing exactly that.

But obviously the writers and journalists don't think that. They think that everything is about taking a dig at someone else.

• christina_rulz
    Date: 3/11/2017 7:16:19 AMchristina_rulz

Nonsense2017-03-15 04:04:57

• Sana_zee
    Date: 3/11/2017 6:59:15 AMSana_zee

Who is anyone to judge someone's upbringing? It's not like she was a working woman before she had her baby. Kareena has always worked. Why are people judging her for anything to begin with? What's healthy or unhealthy for her and her baby is for her to decide. People are so disgusting...I don't understand how it's anybody else's business.

• sarah_singh
    Date: 3/11/2017 6:49:03 AMsarah_singh

What does Mira mean she is my baby not a puppy, is she trying to say that women who go back to work are treating they children like puppies????? For her knowledge 80% Indian women work because it is necessary, they dont have the option of spending most of they pregnancy in bed & another 5 months replenishing themselves with ghee and becoming fat and lazy --- What she is talking of is sheer indulgence which is the sterio type of some of the rich who's only qualification is to get a rich husband to pamper their indulgance --- How convenient to claim traditions & ideals and compare her self to the millions of women who have to work to support they homes - They dont have puppies they also have children you pompus hypocrite. Maybe she forgot her traditions & ideals when she wore the shortest dress for her husbands birthday -- before she gives her non existent gyan on motherhood, working women & fitness she needs to get off her bed and get a relaity check as just pampering yourself for 40 days does not make you traditional nor idealistic.

• rockstar.sj
    Date: 3/11/2017 6:35:34 AMrockstar.sj

I think Mira is right kid should be first preference not getting in shape .
    Kids needs at most attention till the kid gets on to walk and get used to the world .
    Working women has no choice but to juggle around .
    Even aishwarya rai took a break and was over weight media went on critizong but she never cared because she is mother like Mira she chose to be with the kid unlike Kareena she is hungry for being in fame hitting to parties hitting to pubs hitting to gym, hitting to modeling is it right leaving the infant at home and being in media always it's ott what kareena is doing she needs to ease out take time to return to work she seems despo to get on to work again

• easyandbusy
    Date: 3/11/2017 6:12:23 AMeasyandbusy

Don't care if this was a dig at Kareena but it was a dig at every working mum . She is saying for a working child their children are pupppies !! What a shameful and irresponsible comment. She must ask Shahid to sit at home because he must also not treat his daughter like a puppy like she does . It is difficult and takes courage education and inner strength to balance career, home and a child. It takes a lot to let your child go into big world outside and let them learn to take decisions and be brave. Shame on you for making such comments !! You may not need to get fit or step out but you certainly need to be more respectful .
    ( I am not an ardent Beno fan BTW but kudos to her for enjoying her pregnancy yet mainting her identity that she earned over years )

Monika Kapoor

• -Nafisa-
    Date: 3/11/2017 2:33:10 AM-Nafisa-

Mira is a homemaker from what we have seen and by her own words, she wasn't a famous actress first, even not working in some office prior to marriage and after marriage, straight after marriage she got pregnant and her focus by her own words is to be a homemaker, so whatever a working mother does and the interests of a working woman, her mindset does not register in the brain of a homemaker. So they aren't the same and shouldn't be compared.

Related Videos