Quick Login:

We need to STOP: Alia Bhatt on Kangana Ranaut remarks!

Comments  Comments [ 6 ]    By Priyanka Chauhan | 18 March 2017 | 3:46pm

Actress Alia Bhatt comes from a family of actors and filmmakers, but with her versatility and choice of films like "Highway", "Udta Punjab" and "Dear Zindagi", she has made her own mark in Bollywood. She feels people are unnecessarily talking "too much" about the existence of nepotism in the industry.

"We are talking too much about it. We need to stop," the actress, who recently turned 24, told IANS on phone when asked about her views on the nepotism debate.

The discussion was sparked off after actress Kangana Ranaut tagged filmmaker Karan Johar a 'flagbearer of nepotism'.

Alia, who was launched in the Hindi film industry by Karan with "Student of The Year", has been charged many a time with getting an easy entry into Bollywood because of her father Mahesh Bhatt.

However, the actress let her work talk with her talent in her second film "Highway". She again impressed many by taking the attention away from Shah Rukh Khan in Gauri Shinde's "Dear Zindagi", and in "Udta Punjab", she got a thumbs up for portraying a Bihari girl with ease.

Asked about what makes her choose roles as varied as the ones in "Student Of The Year" and the very recent "Badrinath Ki Dulhania", Alia said: "Like the way I don't dress up for other people, in a similar way, I do different films for myself and not for someone else. I want to do different films for myself and not because 'log aise kar rahey hai' (people are doing so).

"That's the byproduct of it."

Her five-year journey in the film industry has made her more responsible.

"I think the more years you spend in the industry, the more you get experience. I don't know how I have changed as an actor, but yes, I have learnt a lot of the technical things. I am growing up in the public eye, so there will be changes. But it's not like I really sat down and noticed things that have changed.

"I think I have become more responsible now because now I also live by myself. I am satisfied with my work and not anything else," Alia told IANS, and added that she doesn't miss anything in her life.

"This is what I always wanted to do so I enjoy doing this," added the actress, who is in the capital to walk the ramp at Amazon India Fashion Week (AIFW) Autumn-Winter 2017.

Copyright  India-forums.com/Bollywood

User Rating  Rating(0 Votes)

Views  5727

Bookmark and Share

Go to top

User Comments

Join Bollycurry

If You are a member of India-forums, Then You can also log in here.

Quick Login

(182)

Gauri Shinde Gauri Shinde
  (1)

• Page 1 of 1
  • pams309
    Date: 3/19/2017 4:50:40 AMpams309

Alia if not Bhatt would Karan Johar launch her in SOTY? She is Bhatt, she got lucky and got a huge platform to try and experiment in new films. No doubt that she is a gifted actress, but how many brilliant actresses get the chance like she got.
    Richa Chadda, Kalki, there are so many brilliant actresses still stuggling to make their mark. It was a very easy journey to Alia Bhatt. The day she admits that i would respect her as a person too.

• Creativez
    Date: 3/19/2017 2:27:02 AMCreativez

Though alia I like u,but fact is nepotism is reality,
    This hereditary privilages must end,especially in movies and politics

• luxmi_1029
    Date: 3/18/2017 12:24:47 PMluxmi_1029

@SiyapaaQueen i respectfully disagree. I do not believe Kangana is acting on the basis of believing she is the "ultimate truth-teller". Yes. She is speaking up and taking advantage of the platform she has established for herself over the years, not everyone can do this despite their existing platforms and that is due to the fear of "digging their own graves" within the industry. Standing up and speaking up on a topic she believes in is an admirable quality. I am not aware of how she has abused Karan Johar. If anything, I believe she is addressing his denial of her accusation. To my understanding it sounds like Karan Johar is having trouble looking past his own privileges and how it has helped him get to where he is today and make the decisions he does. To be honest, it is sad that this conversation is being continued on the basis of denial. Acceptance and actions to address nepotism in the industry would be best.

• spate22
    Date: 3/18/2017 10:39:16 AMspate22

Why even ask her?! She even thanks Karan in all her speeches!! "

• SiyapaaQueen
    Date: 3/18/2017 9:20:04 AMSiyapaaQueen

Nepotism surely exists. And everyone can voice their views on it and continue the conversation. BUt have a CONVERSATION and dont abuse, attack, and act haughty the way kangana is behaving. She said what she said but she is taking her conversation open convo with kjo in kwk and blwoing it out of proportion. She doesnt stop. Its not about carrying on the conversation, its that kangana feels that she is the ultimate truth teller, and she is standing up and being strong minded.. which is all good but she is running with it a little too much that now its getting plain annoying. so in that sense alia is right, it needs to stop. kangana needs to stop. she is digging her own grave.

• luxmi_1029
    Date: 3/18/2017 8:35:25 AMluxmi_1029

This statement of hers is more of a reason to continue the conversation. To try to shut down or minimize the conversation around one's own privilege isn't a good thing. Nepotism exists everywhere... Within the Indian film industry more so. It acts as a barricade for people with equal or even more talent from being offered opportunities. To carry on the conversation in a more constructive way, rather deny it is the right thing to do. For someone who likely benefited from nepotism, this statement of hers should only fuel the discussion further.2017-03-18 08:35:49

• Page 1 of 1